• Experienced Senior Business and Data Analyst covering both front and back office, operational and regulatory environments • Familiar with a vast range of project methodologies including PRINCE2, SCRUM, Agile and Waterfall • Extensive regulatory project exposure including Solvency II, EMIR & MiFID II • SME for Front Office trading and Investment Management processes and process re engineering • Involved in full project lifecycle, working from requirements gathering to UAT and implementation • Experience in major OMS’ (Thinkfolio, LatentZero products, Charles River, Figaro) in an application support capacity as well as upgrades/implementation and regulatory change projects • Asset Management, Investment Banking and Broker House understanding and extensive experience • In-depth knowledge of a wide variety of asset classes including Fixed Income, Commodities, Equities, Futures, IRSs, PEPs, ISAs, OEICs, Unit Trusts, CDS, FX/MM • Responsibility for ensuring data feed accuracy, and investigation and resolution of data exceptions including static data, positions, trade data, fund accounting and reconciliations • Team lead for middle office covering breaks, funding, cash recs, trade exceptions, broker issues, manual bookings, new product set up etc. • Extensive exposure to external clients and developing client relationships • Full understanding of trade life cycles, STP/OTC and associated problem resolution • Excellent communication skills particularly in building stake holder relationships at the most senior levels
• Solvency II project for a number of HSBC clients to produce client reporting packages in line with regulations • Managing defects and queries in Quality Centre and completing thorough data analysis in a timely manner • Produce business requirements and specification documents and liaise with clients over any changes • Investigate discrepancies on production of reporting and resolve any issues with the client • Conduct testing for new files as released and adjust specs to fix any issues that may occur
• For this role, I was required to work closely with the business and business analysts to elicit, define and document data requirements • Defined detailed data requirements to the development and delivery teams to satisfy business data requirements • Owned the requirements definition, design and delivery of data requirements, end to end • Supported the project team in implementation including data seeding, migration and validation analysis • Identified opportunity areas where existing processes can be improved and articulate associated data requirements • Supported the business in preparation of user test procedures and user acceptance testing • Provided pre-and post-implementation support to the systems and business teams • Prepared and handed over operational procedures to systems and business teams and trained as required
• This role was business facing and encompassed requirements gathering, solution design, testing and implementation • Defining business requirements / writing functional specifications to AAM standards • Precise documentation on systems and business processes, including re-engineering processes for new client take on within regulatory standards, including MiFID II • Liaison between business and in-house technical staff / 3rd party suppliers • Implementation planning and execution on projects containing Charles River, Cadis, Webfolio
• SWOT & Risk Analysis plus gap/impact analysis over a multi project platform including Shipping, FX brokerage, Futures Markets among others • Front Office interaction in a fast-paced broking environment dealing with difficult stakeholders in a challenging and high powered atmosphere • Project Initiation Document writing across the board for a number of different projects • Milestone & reports analysis • Working on regulatory and compliance change processes (Dodd Frank/EMIR/MiFID II) • System Development Lifecycle • Change Management • System / Process Implementation • Business Process Modelling including TOM across many different business area’s • This role was extremely varied and complex, personal time management was essential
• Responsible for managing the requirements of an in-flight outsourcing project for a new Operating Platform for regulatory adherence • Re-engineered the front office processes in line with the new operating platform and regulatory requirements. Engaging and agreeing sign off from all satellite IMs and Dealers • Front Office SME for the project, working closely with dealers, CIO and IM’s to ensure the correct controls and risks are captured • As Senior BA also responsible for eliciting and managing the requirements of a new portfolio risk monitoring tool alongside the new operating platform in line with new reporting requirements • Produced BRDs and project related workflow diagrams, including system-flow analysis. Organised and chaired meetings to review requirements and workflow diagrams produced • Make recommendations to improve efficiency and reduce costs through continuous process re-engineering; including the execution of projects • Full gap analysis
• Migration of Clients’ investment book of records to SSC enterprise systems via information delivery portal. • Analysed and documented various business solution documents (BSD) capturing and presenting the core IMO reports that will be available for F&C from my.statestreet.com using ESP as data warehouse. • Managed the UAT sign off, identifying and solving key risk and issues. • Implemented new system for TRC for creating and sending files to Prime Brokers (Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, and Goldman Sachs) via SSC using Enterprise functionality.. • Supporting State Street with their End Client Reporting take-on of F&C including requirements gathering and documentation. • Producing concise RDD’s to tight deadlines.
• Lead BA for the co-ordination and management of UAT for each phase of a major Target Operating Model regulatory programme • End to end process mapping for Thinkfolio and Longview • Creation and analysis of trade processes to capture new middleware requirements from .datto CSV to deal ticket • Gathering requirements along with gap and impact analysis for each phase • Data capture for functional specifications and business requirements and production of documents • Specific emphasis on ETD’s trading in new environments and training of PM’s/Traders through one on one workshops • SME for front office trading processes and flows
• Responsible for documenting the key aspects of third party costs within the banks ‘Total Cost of Ownership’ initiative • Analyse Third Party service provider invoicing process, covering operations, accounting, and front office trading • Capture and document the reconciliation process of third party costs • Build inventory of third party vendors, their invoicing methodology, services provided and the corresponding in-house reconciliations process • Document the cost allocation ‘back to business’ process • Worked on the definition of the global operating model, to achieve consistency in the reporting of trade clearing, settlements and brokerage costs including vendor selection
• Responsibility for documenting business procedures for Banking and Treasury • Documenting operating issues and recommending solutions • Involvement in projects to introduce new products, processes or systems • Escalation of potential risk and exposure • Validation of account “out of balances” and investigation • Responsible for management of the treasury processes for discretionary clients • Involved in driving the project forward, recommended and implemented important time saving changes.
• Working as required on various project directives e.g. testing and implementing Bloomberg AIM, testing new version of trading platform, new data warehousing technology, advising on reporting requirements, testing and implementation of FX rebalancing software etc. • Involved in OMS upgrade project for Minerva and Thinkfolio and responsible for trade failure resolution in BAU. • Involved in the setting up of Middle Office department, personally responsible for writing SLA’s and full analysis and documenting of business needs • Provided one on one support to MM traders for overnight deposits • Constant liaison with traders & IT to resolve trade issues before the trade fails, i.e. price/ nominal discrepancies, contacting brokers to accelerate confirmation resolution • Cash Management, monitoring of large IN/OUT flows and advising PM’s. • Providing trade support for the FI/STAG. Entering trades into Minerva and also Portia from paper tickets • Resolution of any issues relevant to incorrect positions, incorrect calculations, reconciliations and data integrity • Running scripts in SQL to aid in solving trade exceptions and data issues • Planning and testing of new financial software e.g. Bloomberg AIM, Cafit, and reporting on progress to business and technology stakeholders • Very fast paced high volume (2000+ trades per day) front office environment. • BA for Middle Office implementation from planning to implementation