Personal Statement: I am a hands on qualified Agile Project Management Practitioner / Scrum Master / Prince2 Practitioner with 20 years experience of Business and IT Projects in technical, analytical, and managerial roles. Delivering projects for large Blue Chips and SME’s in various sectors including Banking (Barclays Bank), Insurance (BRIT), Retail (Littlewoods), Communications (BT), Energy (National Power) whilst working in dynamic, high profile environments. Developing solutions using Onshore/Offshore Development and Testing teams, integrating different technologies and working with multiple stakeholders. I have proven success of delivering projects on time and within budget to meet challenging objectives. I’ve worked in a variety of roles from AS400 Operator, Microsoft Engineer, Test Manager, Business Analyst, Project Manager and Product Owner. I hold MCSE, ISEB Testing, Prince2 Practitioner, ITIL Service Management, Agile Project Management Practitioner and Scrum Master qualifications. Key Achievements: • Project Managed the delivery of “Digital Analytics” batch processing system for the worlds second largest Market Research company - Millward Brown. Comprising of statistical engine (R / Tibco) and Web front end application (IIS/.net/SQL Server). • Project Managed Creation/Delivery/Testing of UK’s largest accommodation web portal for Liberty Technologies using Agile methods, and Offshore Development/Test (Team of 8 in India). • Project Managed and delivered Year 2000 project for Siemens Communications. • Data Migration and verification for Liberty Technologies using SQL 2012. • Creation of Data Warehouse project for 4 travel companies using SQL Server 2012. • Delivery of Testing Services/Test Management for Blue Chip Clients MSN/Barclays/Littlewoods • Negotiated and managed multi million pound partnerships with Booking.com/Laterooms /Eviivo. • Technical integration of Booking.com/Laterooms/Eviivo live availability systems using XML. • Delivery of SEO programme for Liberty Technologies. • Design & Integration of E-Commerce “Reference Transactions” system, partnering with PayPal. • Designed and Implemented unattended infrastructure rollout 5000 PCs – Siemens Communications. • Successfully mitigated W2000 risk for Siemens Comms. Automated updates 5000 Desktops using SMS Installer. • IT policy design and implementation. Effectively communicated controversial changes to a wide and diverse audience. Key skills: Project Management of On and Offshore Teams, Prince2 & Agile Methods inc Scrum, Business Analysis, Strategic Planning, Quality Assurance, Technical Solutions, Stakeholder Management, IT Strategy, innovative problem solving, leadership, relationship building and communications. • Effective leadership of multidisciplinary teams to identify and achieve challenging personal and organisational objectives. • Project Management Tools - Microsoft TFS (Team Foundation Server) / JIRA
• Project Managed the “Digital Analytics” statistical engine and Web front end application for the worlds second largest Market Research company. • Large Scale deployments of new functionality to web front end, and statistical engine to accommodate calculations of “Big Data”. • Resources included offshore development and testing teams (Team of 5) and onshore R Dev team (Team of 3). • Setup and Management of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS). User Stories/Product Backlog Items, Bugs, Issues/Impediments. Burndown Charts & Reporting. • Business Analysis working with the Business to turn requests into User Stories/Product Backlog Items. Extracting acceptance criteria from the business and working with development to meet these goals. • Project Management/Sprint Management. • Infrastructure Costing (AWS/Spotfire). • Release Management and IBM AWS Support Team. • Agile/Scrum/Kanban techniques/Daily Scrum Stand Ups.
• Project Managed the creation of the UK’s largest accommodation website using onshore and offshore development and testing teams. Windows 2003/2008 & SQL Server 2008 • Introduction of Agile/Scrum Project Management methodologies. • Creation of data warehouse / Managed SQL Server database of 30,000 Hotels from various online providers (Booking.com/Laterooms/Eviivo/Hostel Bookers). • Project Managed – IIS Website, SQL Platforms, Payment solutions using Offshore Testing. • Business Analysis/Systems Analysis of Hotel Booking systems, engines, payments and competition. Process mapping to integrate multiple hotel availability systems. • Planning, risk and issue management, business case production and maintenance, reporting, budget management, set up and close down of projects. • Design and Integration of E Commerce online payment services using PayPal/2Checkout.com. • Cognitive Walkthroughs/User Processes to streamline E Commerce website bookings. (Path to payment analysis, design and implementation). • SEO Google “Bed and Breakfast” position 1. • Negotiated and grew large partnerships with Laterooms and Booking.com. • Technologies/Development/Mobile Strategy/Hosting Cloud Based Servers/Outsourcing. • IPhone App creation. (B&B Hotels – Available on Apple App Store). • Procurement of goods and services, including formal tenders, and relationship management of service provider and third party contractors.
• Senior Consult – delivering PM/BA consultancy for Capita. • Business Analysis – Process Mapping/User stories/Cognitive walkthroughs. Process Mapping/SWOT • Team & Line Management. • UAT/System/Black Box/White Box/Defect Management/Performance/Automated Tools.
• Business Analysis – Process Mapping/User stories/Cognitive walkthroughs. • Test Strategy /Test Plan/Defect Management. • System Test/UAT of Reinsurance system. • Automated Test Scripts.
• Creation of Test Plans/Defect Management/Change Management. • Winrunner Automated Testing Tools. • Led and inspired project teams within matrix management structure. Resource planning and negotiation across specialisms within IT department. • Cross departmental working to collate and integrate business requirements to deliver products to support policy and service delivery teams.
• Test Strategy/Test Plan/Defect Management. • Business Analysis of new MSN Portal. (User Walkthroughs. Transactions Paths) • End to End MSN Portal Testing. • Working alongside UAT Test Team to test the MSN Portal.
• Infrastructure Project Manager / Product Owner – Creation of standard desktop for 5000. desktop/laptops. Automated installs of Operating system, and software inc MS Office, Adobe, AV, etc. • Organisational redesign to deliver multi million savings through IT and structural changes. • Analysis of Y2K Impact / Identification and Testing of Y2k fixes. • Infrastructure Renewal Project Windows 95 – Windows 98 and fixed using SMS Installer. • Produced and deployed bespoke Anti-Virus solution for 5000 PC’s. • Produced and maintained project documents including: bid documents, strategy, business case, progress reports, risk and issue logs, plans and budgets.
• Passed MCSE & ISEB Testing exams • Delivery of Y2K for National Power, including Test Environment, and patch testing. • Business continuity planning and testing.
• Management of AS400 Job Queues, Subsystems, Print Queues, Performance Back Up and Restore. • Disaster Recovery. • Training of junior staff.