An enthusiastic, professional and result driven Business Analyst with a broad experience of end to end full project life cycle within the investment banking industry through the application of a holistic approach in delivering business change, system design, implementation and migration driven by regulatory initiatives. A fluent communicator with excellent stakeholder management skills which allows me to facilitate exceptional requirements gathering, analysis and documentation. Extensive hands-on experience of the business process modeling and the ability to leverage my extensive business domain background in order to deliver projects to the highest professional standard and on schedule. • Adept knowledge of requirement engineering process including requirements elicitation, analysis, documentation, validation and management. • Effective stakeholder identification, analysis and management. • Excellent Business Process Modelling using UML and BPMN to present “AS-IS” and “TO-BE”. • Strong subject matter expertise in market risk methodology (VaR, Stress Testing, Historical Simulations & Monte Carlo). • Good understanding of risk regulatory requirements including Basel, CRDIV, BIPRU, Volcker, Non-Centrally Cleared OTC Derivatives Margin rules, FRTB, Dodd-Frank, ISDA, EMIR, BCBS239 and BCBS261. • In-depth product knowledge across asset classes including equities, interest rates, credit, FX and commodity. • Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies (PRINCE 2, Agile and Waterfall) and System Development Life cycle (SDLC). • Full Project Life cycle and documentation including Business case, Terms of Reference (ToR), Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and Functional Specification Document (FSD). • Extensive experience with project governance including conducting RAID analysis and day-to-day management and resolution of risks, issues and dependencies. • Experience in Front-to-Back implementation and migration projects including Murex, Kondor, Sigma and GDS. • Provide clear and concise test plans, script and coordinate with testing teams for all tests. phases including SIT, UAT, Production Parallel and Go-Live. • Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
• Business case development with input from technology teams. • Create business plans to meet specified objectives. • Engage with appropriate stakeholders to gather user and systems requirements using workshops, interviews, document analysis, storyboards, surveys and other agreed upon tools, processes and techniques. • Document and translate stakeholder requirements into tangible deliverables including functional specifications, use case, user stories, workflow / process diagrams, data flow / data model diagrams and requirement catalogue for consumption by the design and development teams. • Produced Traceability Matrix to track requirements to go-live. • Following Waterfall and Agile methodologies, lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring requirements statements are complete, consistent and concise while adhering to an agreed upon standard. • Draft and maintain business requirements and align with functional and technical specifications whilst obtaining sign-off to the detailed business requirement. • Act as interlocutor between business and risk technology in communicating requirements and validating of technical specifications. • Work with risk technology and delivery to ensure requirements are fully understood and technology solutions meet requirements. • Engage team managers and business change owners to validate their “as is” and “to be” processes thereby identifying repetitive and non-value adding activities and updating process maps/workflow accordingly. • Carrying out Gap analysis to ensure that all processes are captured by identifying gaps, putting an action against each gap and tracking until they are owned by the relevant function. • Participate in peer review of work product deliverables derived from requirement specification to ensure that the requirements are interpreted correctly. • Contribute in daily stand-up meetings and other project meetings to provide daily / weekly project updates and status reporting. • Maintain RAID log including log and track issues, risks, dependencies or constraints which may impact project timelines on PlanView. • Assist with both test approach, planning / scheduling and test case documentation for all test phases including SIT, BAT, UAT, Prod. Parallel and Go-Live. • Ensure entry / exit tollgates are met for each test phase to verify the business / client needs are met. • Obtain UAT test evidence for audit purposes. • Assist with management / coordination of the release cycle across multiple regions. • Major Projects: • Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) Programme – Worked on writing Target Operating Model requirements for capital calculations. Eliciting and documenting business requirements related to VaR and Expected Shortfall methodology changes to comply with FRTB regulations. This involved reviewing the current state and target state, scoping and conducted gap analysis using process diagrams and user stories to identify the impact of FRTB on FO and market risk systems including Kondor+. • Collateral and Margin Programme (BCBS261) – Business Analyst within Risk Change & Delivery working mainly on delivering a “web-service” (referred to as the Risk Service) which allows Credit Risk (Counterparty Exposure Management) to access and capture risk sensitivities within the market risk reporting and calculation engine required to support the timely calculations and exchange of Regulatory IM pay / calls between RBS and its counterparties. Involved in analysing business user needs, collated requirements and produced functional specifications required to enable the technical project team to make configuration changes allowing Kondor+ to send trade level data (replacing book level data) to the market risk reporting system. • Front Office FIRE Migration Programme – Transformation project focused on the migration of trade valuation and pricing from FO trade booking systems to an in-house valuation system (FIRE). Focused on the scoping and assessing the roadmap for a coordinated approach across multiple systems including Alpha Compact, Kondor+, System X, GDS, Anvil, GTE, Calypso, WallStreet, Ronnie and GFX. • Divestment Project (Rainbow) – Divesting Williams & Glyn bank from RBSG from transitional state to ensure a stand-up challenger bank is in place at the agreed timeline in line with the Competition Commission: Creation of Target Operating Model for standalone Market Risk function while ensuring compliance with all applicable legal, regulatory and internal compliance requirements. Mapping out end to end processes from scratch for all the above work streams by facilitating interviews and workshops with relevant SMEs, Function heads and Senior stakeholders. • Business process re-engineering with lean specialists to implement “Golden Source” data for Finance, Risk and Front Office processes/systems: end-to-end as-is and to-be process mapping and writing target business operating models. • Business Migration Project (Unicorn) – Transfer of RBS owned asset from ABN AMRO Bank NV to RBS PLC (Project Unicorn) aimed at streamlining business structures and management reporting framework with risk management. Tasks included; gathering and documenting requirements, end-to-end as-is and to-be process mapping managing technology teams, processing teams, writing business requirement and functional specification, writing UAT plan, test conditions and test scripts. Project workstream focused on the decommissioning of decommissioning of Murex 3.1 and the migration of FX, FX options, MM and IRD trades and associated risk feeds from Murex to an in-house cost saving trade booking system (GDS) and valuation system (FIRE).
• Market Risk Analyst responsible for the risk capture, calculation, analysis and reporting processes together with associated controls; working to support the ongoing functioning of the Investment Banking divisions risk management framework. • Explaining large VaR and stress exposure moves across all asset classes including Equities, Interest Rate (vanilla and exotics), FX, Credit and • Solid understanding of market risk management techniques including VaR (Value at Risk), sensitivity analysis (Greeks), Historical Stress testing and Backtesting analysis. • Generation of daily market risk reports covering VaR, sensitivities & stress testing. • Production and review of daily and quarterly legal entity and business level backtesting packs for FSA regulatory reporting. • Co-ordination and preparation of the weekly and monthly market risk reports for senior management, Executive Committees, the Board of RBS and Group Risk. • Knowledge of capital calculations and Basel II regulations for banks. • Successful implementation of Historical Stress and Backtesting framework. • Initiate and co-ordinate the infrastructure build and ongoing development of market risk reporting by contributing to systems project management action points; analysing IT and enterprise wide infrastructure for achieving targeted risk management aims. • Maintenance of market risk systems required for limit monitoring, reporting, hierarchy changes, and user access to support accurate and complete risk capture within the VaR engine/model. • Recommending and implementing limit controls and reporting requirements. • Adding value by monitoring and managing key controls and processes and identifying opportunities to enhance the current processes and risk management in place. This included: • Re-writing VBA code supporting the entire daily production model using VaR. • Wrote IT change requirements or daily and weekly reports to be automated, UAT testing and assisting with Go-Live. • Improved processes around data manipulation and automating processes using VBA. • Provide input and assistance with product development by assessing proposed structures from a sophisticated risk measurement and quantification perspective. • Prepare and maintain policy and procedure manuals for GBM on market risk reporting processes. • Dealing with ad-hoc queries from front office risk managers, auditors, regulators and other departments.
• Senior Market Risk Officer responsible for the quality and professionalism of the Market Risk function in CCBCL and improving understanding of quantitative risk management methodologies by other division heads and staff within CCBCL. • Recommend and implement limit controls and reporting requirements, adding value by monitoring and managing key controls and processes, drawing attention to important trends, and identifying opportunities to maximize earnings and to minimize risk. • Implementation of stress, scenario and back testing framework. • Assist with the build-out and ongoing monitoring and reporting of Operational Risk. • Develop management information reports for management in the form and at the frequency required by the Credit Committee, Executive Committee, the Board of CCBCL and the Head Office. Provide additional market risk management information and interpretation for effective business decision making in CCBCL. • Participate as a member of the Risk and Compliance Committee, regularly attending meetings and tabling market risk management agenda items. • Provide input and assistance to marketing and origination colleagues, help with product development by assessing proposed structures from a sophisticated risk measurement and quantification perspective. • In conjunction with other business managers, ensured that adequate monitoring and internal controls are maintained. • Co-ordinate with the internal and external auditors and regulators as required. • Prepare and maintain policy and procedure manuals of CCBCL on Market Risk Management.
• Market Data Analyst working in the Front Office with market risk associates to research, analyze, review, and document various asset class market data that are required by Market Risk to produce VaR Risk Report. • Daily validation of risk related data (e.g. sensitivities, static data, and market data) submitted into the global risk systems. • Review Level 1 data exception and follow-up with data provider; both internal and external. • Delivery of the risk positions and analysis to the Market Risk Managers daily along with Relationship Management to key clients. • Selection and validation of historical market data used in the market risk process. • Enrichment of risk data by mapping risk factors to scenario/basis conversion benchmarks • Pro-actively analyze the data content within the market data system with the aim of providing clean, coherent data to all end users. • Work with Risk associates to resolve Level 2 data issues. • Research new data requirement and closely work with market risk team to identify data source. • Identifying opportunities and providing technology to automate and improve data quality, market data and business processes. • Documenting and understanding current market data and provide recommendation. • Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and help develop strategies for improving or further leveraging current system. • Work with market risk teams to ensure clean and complete risk data representation. • Maintenance and development of global risk systems/applications and market risk processes with involvement in User Acceptance Testing (UAT). • Creation of tactical databases and or toolsets to enable calculations, integrity of complex datasets, overlap analysis, converging dispersed and unrelated data sets. • Workflow and process tracking aligned to lifecycle of risk projects and data to support the lifecycle stages.
• Market Risk Analyst working in Front Office Risk Management team, responsible for risk reporting, exposure monitoring, analysis, market data validation and project management across the Equities, Credit, FX & Rates and Commodities trading business. • Production of firm wide daily risk reports (VaR, Position Report, Stress Tests and Sensitivities) for positions taken by trading desk for Market Risk Management, Front Office and Senior Management. • Ensuring that the market risk limit structure is applied diligently and that all excesses and limit amendments are well documented and if appropriate escalated. • Provide analysis of risk figures and investigate large or unusual movements in VAR or other risk factors. • Production of periodic senior management risk report and information (MI) on exceptions and the reconciliation of those exceptions. • Good hands on experience of market risk exposure across a strong product range including Equities, Interest Rate, FX, Credit, Asset Backed Products, Commodities, Structured Credit and Hybrid products with particular emphasis on options pricing, future, forwards, swaps and swaption valuations. • Solid understanding of market risk management techniques including VaR (Value at Risk), sensitivity analysis, Historical Stress testing and Backtesting analysis. • Maintain a well controlled and robust risk environment to ensure completeness and accuracy over reported numbers. This includes: • Ensuring that the ERS market risk management platform is well maintained. • Building and running data integrity checks around the in-house products position reporting and market data systems. • Supporting Market Risk Manager with the initial testing and validation of new products originating from all business units. • Fostering good working relations with Product Control, Regulatory Reporting, Front Office and other operations team that is responsible for maintaining data which impacts reporting.
• Gather User and System requirements through existing system, document reviews, workshops and observational techniques to facilitate and drive the development of IT systems. • Produce Business Requirements documentation. • Engage team managers to validate their “AS-IS” and “TO–BE” processes thereby identifying repetitive and non-value adding activities and updating process maps/workflows accordingly. • Identify opportunities and weaknesses of existing technologies/systems and to improve or alter work processes and systems respectively. • Translate requirements into Functional Specification documents for IT Development team. • Liaise with Risk IT to ensure understanding of requirements • Assist in gaining sign-off of Business Requirements and Functional Specifications • Ensuring that customer change requests are managed and delivered • Manipulating large data in excel using pivot tables, vlookups and what if statements. • Supporting the lead BA in getting the project from the current state to the target state of the project. • Implement new reports and MI processes - provide support, training and assistance to users • Produce clear and succinct documentation to facilitate the implementation as well as training of the newly developed processes. • Working with traders to calculate the risk associated with specific transactions. • Develop the VaR model methodology to increase the accuracy of the calculation. For example capturing non-linear price shocks. • Increase the scope of the VaR model to incorporate new asset classes as the company moves into new areas. • Participate in weekly meetings with project manager and risk department to report on status of project and escalate risks and issues. • Manage the risks and issues log and act as primary project contact for the London & New York regional office. • Monitor project milestones and collate tollgate reports with project manager. • Projects as market risk business analyst: • Murex 3.1 system testing and business analysis representing Operations Change Management on a global Murex Program of data migration and system conversion projects. • System functional test planning and execution on Murex 3.1 • Regression test planning and execution on Murex 3.1 • User Acceptance test planning and execution on Murex 3.1 • Business analysis of market risk system feed workflows around the Straight Through Processing functionality. • Experience of rate fixing, confirmations payments, trade capture, pricing, Simulation screens on Murex 3.1. • Successful implementation of backtesting process for internal management and regulatory purposes.
• Responsible for applying and monitoring the controls that support the financial information recorded and maintained across the firm. • Timely review of defined controls to ensure correct application and relevance. • Liaising with BAU control owners to ensure that the current state Risk and Control Framework is complete and accurate, highlighting any known control gaps. • Identifying gaps/improvement opportunities in existing risk management processes and controls. • Recommending enhancements to existing controls; where applicable and agreeing enhancements with the Primary Reviewers. • Assessing the impact of proposed future state change on the current state control environment, highlighting any potential new or amended control requirements. • Hold walkthroughs with various functions simultaneously to ensure that all controls hand ins and handoffs between Finance and other functional groups e.g. IT are mapped out and documented and any necessary control enhancements or amendments are flagged to the Control Owners and tracked to completion/implementation. • Agreeing Amendments to Controls Framework with Control Owners/Stakeholders to ensure that any new control requirements and consistent with BNPP’s existing Internal Control Standards. • Understanding of control frameworks and reconciliations within the Finance area, specifically understanding the methods and processes involved in reconciliations across Front and Back office. • Performing reconciliation of Nostro accounts, source system/GL reconciliations and overall balance sheet substantiation. • Documenting and obtaining approval for test scenarios designed to thoroughly test any new or amended controls. • Delivery of the testing process from the identification and definition of test cases, test case automation through to verifying the expected results and issue resolution. • Produce clear and succinct documentation to facilitate the implementation as well as training to ensure that BAU teams are competent to perform the new controls. • Projects as risk & control/business process analyst: • Development and implementation of Imperium & ORBIT (control monitoring application). • Enhancement of accounting system, trading system and reconciliation tools • Nominal vs. Quantity on convertible bonds • Long Coupon Testing
• Supported the preparation of business cases. • Worked with operational teams to scope and collate requirements for the proposed change initiative; ensured full adherence to wider Business Service Governance. • Used standard project methodologies to ensure that the progress of the project was formally tracked, reporting to key stakeholders was clear and concise and that a clear audit trail exists in line with agreed governance • Created a flowchart of the process to identify strengths and weaknesses, evaluate controls. • Worked with all project stakeholders to ensure that they had a full understanding of their responsibilities and commitments to the project as well as the impact on their respective business areas. • Liaising with external and internal parties in response to project related queries. • Monitoring project milestones and reporting at high and low level to illustrate project’s progress to project manager and external intermediaries. • Identified, evaluated and tracked progress risks, issues and dependencies, escalating them appropriately and suggested mitigating actions and implementing as directed. • Developing and documenting user training manuals which are used for training and supporting System Users after application deployment. • Prepares standard and ad hoc management reports and presentations for assigned projects. • Ensure current procedures are adhered to by Client Account functions e.g. service charge reconciliation/budget preparation/client reporting/service charge internal audit/bank reconciliations. • Analysis of identified deficiencies in the internal control framework over financial reporting to enable the decision on impact and severity. • Played a central role in the performance of quality assurance reviews on points in the Sarbanes Oxley project development. • Ensure the mitigation of risks by training departments on PCIDSS. • Coordinate compliance processes and other necessary measures that may be required to ensure compliance with PCIDSS. Work closely with the external auditors on aspect of the Sarbanes Oxley project including: • Gaps identified in the internal control over financial reporting framework Sarbanes Oxley project methodology • Year-end external audit queries • End User Computer control and Entity wide development
• Provide audit and business advice to a variety of clients • Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established clients. • Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide high quality clients service. • Report directly to a senior manager or manager. • Assist in planning due diligence project to ensure current client information is held with respect to identification of new clients (KYC) and execution of acceptance & continuance for existing clients. • Planning and managing the timing, staffing levels and extent of the audit to enable the engagement to be completed within budget. • Coach and train junior staff. • Provide supervisory responsibility for junior staff during entire audit. • Review of client’s statutory accounts to ensure compliance with IFRS or UK GAAP policy. • Evaluate, test and complete documentation of the effectiveness of managements assessment of internal controls to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxleys Act for US listed clients Main Audit Clients • Year-end audit and Statutory account audit of “Xerox Office”, duties entailed substantive audit of clients’ cash, account receivable and payroll accounts and performing key accounts reconciliation. • Special audit assignment for “Novar Plc” carried out audit of acquisition adjustment accounting to bring Novar Plc accounting in line with Honeywell International frame of accounts. Areas reviewed include credit note reserve, warranty reserve, inventory reserve and modification of revenue recognition policy to ensure compliance with UK GAAP. • Interim audit of “GlaxoSmithKline (Global Manufacturing Services)” duties included carrying out an industry and business analysis by performing analytical review of key accounts and physical identification of staff and reconciliation of staff records with account records. • Assist audit executive with planning and mobilisation of small client audit with annual turnover of less than £1m. Duties included execution of acceptance & continuance database (KYC), preparation of engagement letters and collating independence confirmations from engagement team.
• Responsible for the reconciliation of internal bank control accounts which includes the handling of invoices, receipts and the payment of petty cash claims. • Providing Risk Manager and Branch Manager with daily returns summary and daily branch performance report. • Arranging for sufficient cash to be held on the premises by weekly delivery / collection. • Efficiently deal with the daily reconciliation and investigation of branch Foreign Money and Travel Services Account. • Efficiently deal with customer transactions and enquiries face to face and by telephone. • Open new accounts, ensuring all appropriate services, documentation and facilities provided. • Service cashpoint machines including balancing and re-loading to ensure they have sufficient cash.